Go back to top of page
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, Gilroy CA
The Rector's Corner
News & Anouncements
"To invite and make disciples for Christ, and to build the body of Christ by faithfully living, teaching and serving in the power of His Word."
It is Our Call to Worship:
We are a Worshiping Community:
" St. Stephen's is an inviting community where all of God's children, of all ages, are safe and welcome. We believe that children are more that merely the Church of tomorrow, but very much a full and important part of our church family Today." Children of all ages are welocme in all services.
- Sunday 8am and 10am Holy Communion
- Sunday school (Sundays at 10am.) - the Sunday school joins the congregation for Holy communion and shares their lessons.
- Wednesday Noon Healing Service with Holy Communion, Anointing and Laying On of Hands.
It is our Commitment to provide for Spiritual growth and care:
- Rector's Bible Studies on a Seasonal basis
- Wednesday morning Bible study 10:30 AM
- Daughter's of the King - 1st Saturday of the Month at 9:00 AM
Regular Prayer Support:
- St. Stephen's has a prayer chain, so that all in need recieve direct, intentional prayer.
- Our Deacons and Lay Eucharistic Ministers take communion to those who are unable to come to services.
- We are a close and warmly welcomong family in christ, active in assisting members of the congregation who are in need.
It is our Joy to Grow in Fellowship:
We Believe that "the Joy of the Lord is our Strength."
Having good, clean wholesome fun as a church family builds community and strength.
Regular Fellowship Activities Include:
- Shrove Tuesday Dinner
- Maundy thursday Passover dinner
- St. Patrick's Day Dinner "Ceileigh"
- Cinco de Mayo
- Bobby Burns Dinner
- Kirkin' O' The Tartins
- Pentecost Potluck Picnic and Barbecue
- 4th of July Potluck Picnic and Barbecue
- Blessing of the Animals Service (St. Francis' day)
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Swag Making Brunch
- Potluck Music Jams
It is our Passion to Serve:
Resources and assistance for those in need
- The Resource Center is volunteer run and provides information, referral service and limited direct support with pantry food and transportation and food vouchers. (9am-11 am Tuesday and Thursday)
- We also support:
- St. Josephs Family Center
- Santa Maria Urban Ministry
- Episcopal Relief and Development Agency
- United Thank Offering.
Back to Welcome page